All Sendparcel.com services include standard cover up to 100 EUR. If your shipment’s value is higher than that of a standard cover, we recommend ordering additional insurance up to full value of your items. Remember, insurance (both standard and additional) is not valid when you send Prohibited and/or No compensation items.
- Should I sign for a damaged parcel?
Yes. If a parcel is delivered to you damaged, please sign for it and specify the fact of damage. If you mark that parcel was delivered in good condition, you will lose the right to claim for a refund and compensation.
- Is it necessary to save the damaged packaging?
Packaging must be saved in case damaged items need to be examined along with it. Otherwise you may lose the right to claim compensation.
- What is the maximum compensation for a lost/damaged parcel?
The maximum compensation amount in case of parcel damage or loss depends on insurance that you select at the time of booking. All Sendparcel.com
parcels have a standard cover of €100 per shipment included. If your item is valuable/expensive, we recommend ordering additional insurance. The cost of this service is 2 percent of the amount insured, but no lesser than 10 EUR (or 10 GBP, or 15 USD) + VAT (if applied) and cannot exceed declared value of your parcel. Make sure that your items are not listed as Prohibited
or No compensation
. Otherwise, additional cover will not be valid. You send these items at your own risk.
- What information do I need to provide in order to file a claim?
In order to file a complaint, following documents are required:
- a photo of package and a description of it,
- a photo of parcel’s contents,
- a document on parcel damage, filled together with the driver (or its copy),
- a proof of purchase (an invoice or a receipt) indicating the value of parcel’s contents,
- an official Repair center’s report, indicating the cost of item repair or that item is damaged beyond repair (in case of parcel damage).
- How long does a claim take?
Usually claims are resolved within 8-12 weeks. Sendparcel.com always seeks to speed up the process and solve claims within 28 business days.
Only a person or a company that has ordered delivery service may file a claim and only this person/company is entitled to compensation.
- What is the term to make a complaint?
In case of parcel damage, claims must be filed within 5 business days from the date of parcel delivery. In case of parcel loss, claims must be filed within 7 business days from the estimated date of delivery. Claims started later will not be considered.
- Are there any exceptions when I cannot start a claim?
Yes, there are some exceptions. For example, you will not be able to apply for compensation if you've sent No compensation
or Prohibited items
, or if you did not pack your parcel properly and this resulted in damaging of your shipment. For a full list of Prohibited
and No compensation items
, please visit our FAQ section
- How will I get my item back?
Damaged items cannot be removed from the package until a claim is closed as this would automatically cancel it.
If full compensation has been paid out, contents of the parcel will not be returned. If parcel content’s repair costs have been paid out, you may get your item back.
- What does the additional shipment insurance mean and how do i order it?
parcels have a standard cover of 100 EUR per shipment included. If the item is valuable/expensive, we recommend ordering additional insurance. The cost of this service is 2 percent of the amount insured, but no lesser than €11.60 + VAT (if applied) and cannot exceed declared value of your parcel. Make sure that your items are not listed as Prohibited or No compensation
. Otherwise, additional cover will not be valid.